The Red Door Project is a community addiction and recovery service based in Drogheda Co. Louth. They are now recruiting for a Project Worker. Salary €31,605 - 40 hours per week.
The Red Door Project aims to offer and provide confidential assistance and services in response to the needs of individuals, families and those in the community that are affected by drug and alcohol use.
Candidates for this post will require a level 7 qualification in addiction studies or related field. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in frontline services with vulnerable clients who are experiencing addiction issues.
Advertisement - continue reading below
Please forward a CV and a detailed cover letter outlining why you believe that you are best suited to this role.
To be returned to Margaret Dorian, The Red Door Project, St. Mary’s Convent, Dublin Road, Drogheda Co. Louth or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this post is Monday 21st of January at 4pm.
For further information, please contact Margaret Dorian (041) 980 4957 or email email@example.com
Project Worker - JOB DESCRIPTION
What is The Red Door Project? The Red Door Project work from a harm reduction approach. We aim to provide psycho-social educational supports specifically designed as a response to the needs of drug and alcohol users within our community.
The project focuses on creating a supportive, respectful and trusting environment of equal opportunities. The Project will empower participants to identify and value their inherent skills. It will also encourage the development of new avenues of exploration through education, training and personal development through a therapeutic and holistic approach. The project will facilitate individual needs enabling participants to be open to future possibilities of change.
- To provide keyworking support to a case load.
- To provide a drop in community support, information and referral service.
- To be a part of the case management process for clients.
- To provide services and support for people in active addiction.
- We aim to run a programme that is innovative and tailored to suit the needs of the individual. The programme objective is to give clients a foundation from which to work and at the end time in the project the clients will have a number of different options in which they can receive support. These supports will allow them to remain stable/drug free and continue in their recovery.
- We provide a low threshold Drop In service.
- To provide a needle exchange service
- To provide families with adequate information and support
- We support families by offering one to one counselling sessions, information sessions, brief intervention and support whenever necessary
- To network with relevant agencies
Overall purpose of Post
To actively support the general work of the project with particular responsibility for Key working/advocacy and family support work and associated administration, also assisting in the delivery of a group education programme to the project participants.
The Key Tasks involved in this post will be as follows:
- To work as a team member in order to fulfil the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- To support the delivery of services for individuals with an alcohol and/or substance use issue
- To develop support services for alcohol/substance users, their families and concerned persons
- To build effective links with other professional organisations in the area.
- To facilitate, in a professional, objective and respectful manner, referrals, assessments and care plans for individuals accessing the service.
- To design and deliver alcohol/drug specific education programmes in a variety of settings.
- To fully engage in the work of the team and to take up training opportunities offered by the project when appropriate.
- To assist in the formation, development and co-ordination of a comprehensive service
- To attend and participate in the weekly Team Meetings
- To document and maintain a system of recording one to one/key working with clients
- To maintain a system of monitoring of clients participating on the programmes
- Such other appropriate and relevant tasks as may be required by the Coordinator.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities and may be reviewed from time to time to reflect the needs of the service.
Key skills/qualifications/experience required:
- Level 7 qualification in Addictions studies or related field
- 3 years frontline experience working with people in addiction.
- Experience working closely with Tusla and Probation services
- Have experience in facilitating groups of drug users, particularly in a community setting.
- Be mature and have excellent inter-personal, group work and team-work skills
- Have an excellent understanding of addiction and recovery and have appropriate certification
- Have good computer skills
- Have the ability to work within a team as well as being highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Experience and understanding of Blood borne viruses and STIs
Get today's local news straight to your mobile. Download the Drogheda Life App now!