Advertisement For Smiths Of DroghedaAdvertisement For Drogheda Credit UnionAdvertisement For Termonfeckin CentraAdvertisement For Gerry's Fresh FoodsAdvertisement For Arc CinemaAdvertisement For O'Reilly GlassAdvertisement For Floor Style
Wednesday, 6th November 2019

Plans for 217 new homes, but where’s the port access route? – Nash

Front Page

A computer generated image of one of the landmark buildings included in the proposed development.

Plans lodged by Lagan Homes Drogheda Limited to build 217 new homes just north of the Newtown Blues pitch have caused Senator Ged Nash to repeat his calls for the government to release funds to build the Northern Port Access Route.

The plan for 137 houses and 80 apartments was submitted to An Bord Pleanála on the 1st November. The proposal can be viewed at www.newtownstalaban.com and submissions can be made to the Board before close of business on the 5th December.

“This new proposal should jolt the government into action” Senator Nash said. “We have been waiting a long time for funds to build the Northern Port Access Route through a mix of State funding and contributions from developers.

“The new developments that are taking place on the northside of Drogheda cannot be sustained if the port access route, linking Drogheda Port with the North Road and the M1 is not built.

Advertisement For GOOD WOOD 2019

“Last year, the government refused funding to the Council. This was appealed to the Department of Transport and when I pressed the Minister on when a decision would be made, he could not inform me as to a timeline.

“This is not good enough" Nash said. "Drogheda is being totally ignored and we should be entitled to expect better.”

Get today's local news straight to your mobile. Download the Drogheda Life App now!

Get it on Google Play

Advertisement For Smiths Of Drogheda
Advertisement For Drogheda Credit Union
Advertisement For Termonfeckin Centra