Advertisement For Floor StyleAdvertisement For Smiths Of DroghedaAdvertisement For O'Reilly Glass
Advertisement For Skills to Advance 1
Advertisement For skills to advance
Wednesday, 12th January 2022

Man arrested in missing Lithuanian woman case released without charge

Front Page

Giedre Raguckaite who was last seen in Laytown on the night of May 29, 2018.

The man arrested on Monday (January 10, 2022) in relation to the disappearance of 29 year-old Lithuanian woman Giedre Raguckaite who was last seen in Laytown on the night of May 29, 2018 has been released without charge.

He had been questioned at a garda station in the midlands and Gardaí say a file will now be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.

Giedre arrived in Ireland from the UK in March 2018 and lived initially in Drogheda before moving to Dundalk in April 2018 where she lived for the next two months.

Her last known address was 37 College Heights in Dundalk, but she moved out of that property on 23rd May 2018 and it is not known where she lived after that.

Advertisement For National Women's Enterprise Day

Although she had been missing from her home in Dundalk since May 2018, an investigation was only commenced after she was reported missing on August 24th of that year by another Lithuanian National living in Dundalk.

Early on in the investigation it emerged that Giedre was seen being assisted into a house in in Beach Grove in Laytown by two men on 29th May 2018 at about 11pm.

It is understood she was very intoxicated and that she left that house with these men at approximately 1:45am on 30th May 2018. There has been no sightings or contact with Giedre since then.

Giedre Raguckaite was born 21st November 1988, her father is Arunas Raguckas, 58 years, lives at Kaunas, Lietuva, Lithuania, her mother is deceased.  She has two sisters Gintare Raguckaite (31) residing in Italy and Zavile Raguckaite (31) residing in Cyprus.

The last confirmed contact with Giedre was with her father by phone at 6.35pm (Irish Time) on the 29th May 2018.

Gardaí have established that Giedre’s phone has not been in use since the morning of the 30th May 2018, nor has there has been any activity on Giedre’s social media accounts or contact with any family or friends. 

Gardaí have carried out over 170 lines of enquiry, including liaising with the PSNI, UK Police Forces, Interpol, the Lithuanian Police Force and the Lithuanian Embassy. 

As a result of those enquiries, the investigation was upgraded from missing person to a murder investigation on the 31st October 2018.

Advertisement For Floor Style
Advertisement For Smiths Of Drogheda
Advertisement For O'Reilly Glass